The diploma certificate courses in few engineering discipline were started at MBM Engineering College Jodhpur in the year 1951 to meet out the needs of industries and Technical Education in Rajasthan. The state Government was experienced a need of separate establishment for Diploma Courses were for the gradual expension of Technical Education and Industrial growth in Rajasthan. As a result a separate Diploma College was established in the year 1958 and was named Government Polytechnic College Jodhpur in the premises of MBM Engineering College, Jodhpur. Initially it was started with total intake capacity of 240 students in the following Diploma Engineering Discipline like - 120 seats in Civil Engg., 60 in Mech Engg. and 60 in Electrical Engg. respectively.
The Jodhpur Polytechnic College was shifted to their present premises in the year 1961 and was inaugurated by Hon’ble Governor of Rajasthan Dr. Sampurnanand. The present institute is spread over 227 Bigha in Area. This institute having sufficient infrastructure i.e. well furnished class rooms, well equipped laboratories, workshops, seminar and auditorium halls, library, staff quarters, hostel facilities for students, play grounds, swimming pools etc. It has very healthy teaching and learning environment. Presently this institute is very popular in the city for their different technical activities and located in the heart of suncity – hardly 3 km away from Jodhpur Railway Station. Presently, this institute is running with six different Engineering Disciplines
i.e.. 3 years Diploma Courses in Civil Engg., Electrical Engg, Electronics & Fiber Optics Engg., Mechanical Engg., Computer Science Engg. and other beneficiary schemes in formal & non formal courses for unemployed youth of the state sponsored by the central government of India & other bodies .Presently this institute is working towards the center of excellence in the field of Electronics and Information Technology. The institute is running in the overall control of Ministry of Technical Education, Government of Rajasthan and Directorate of Technical Education Rajasthan,
Jodhpur. The courses are affiliated with the Board of Technical Education Rajasthan, Jodhpur. This institute is presently headed by Principal and Head of Institute Er. Ashok Chouhan.
FUTURE PLANNING FOR THE SESSION 2005-06
- This institute working towards the center for excellence in the field of communication & information technology.
- A new Robotic Lab. is established for EDC and IIPC.
- Institute has conducted the manual counseling for AIEEE 04 admissions.
- NSS scheme was developed in different group of students to clean the institute after the college
timings. This scheme develops the good human and civilian character in the students.
- This institute also organizing many examinations for Railways,PTET,B-ED, Rpeteap and for other Government and semi government Departments.
1. To established a HI-Tech room with internet facilities.
2. To work on beautification of institute.
3. Computerization of library.
4. To start 8 to 10 advance courses for pass out diploma
holders and out side students under EMD scheme.
5. To work for modernization of all laboratories.
6. To develop the inter department networking in the
principle, HOD's and computer labs.
7. To work for computerization of all sections.
8. The affords shall be made for acadmic tours of
9. To develop and establish a Robotic lab.
10. Under the modernization of laboratories a Advance lab
shall be developed for Audio Visual.
11. To work for developing and improving the boarding and
lodging facilities in Hostels.